Pediatric dentistry is a branch of dentistry that treats children for any dental issues. It is dedicated to the oral health of children including the child’s teeth, gums, and the mouth.
What types of treatments do Pediatric dentists provide?
Pediatric dentists provide comprehensive oral health care for infants till teens that include the following:
- Oral health examination for infants that consists of a complete risk assessment for dental caries in mother and child
- We run a comprehensive preventive dental care check including cleaning and fluoride treatments, as well as nutrition and diet recommendations for the child
- An early assessment and treatment for straightening teeth and correcting an improper bite (orthodontics)
- Repair of tooth cavities or defects
- Diagnosis of oral conditions associated with diseases such as diabetes, congenital heart defect, asthma, hay fever, and attention-deficit/ hyperactivity disorder
- Management of gum diseases and conditions including ulcers, short frenulum, mucoceles, and pediatric periodontal disease
- Care for dental injuries (for example, fractured, displaced, or knocked-out teeth)
Case – 2
PIT AND FISSURE SEALANTS
This treatment focused on effectively penetrating and sealing pits and fissures on the surface of teeth which can prevent cavities, lesions and therefore, it is a part of a comprehensive dental management approach. Caries is multifactorial and over time can culminate in the localized destruction of hard dental tissues by weak acids. Sealants are systems that are applied to the surface of the teeth to penetrate the pits and the fissures and form a physical barrier on the tooth surface. This treatment is one who can control and stagnate the formation of deep caries and lesions.
Case – 3
ROOT CANAL IN MILK TEETH